« Home 

Saturday, October 23, 2004

A tribute to one of the greatest Tamil movies ever!

Just created the site as a tribute to Thillana Mohanambal, the 1968 Sivaji Ganesan-Padmini starrer. The movie was based on a yesteryear novel.
With an ensemble cast that had the who's who of Tamil comedy world of the 1960s, this is 100 pure fun whenever watched.

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Karthik, Thats so cool. Came here from Ramya's post. Wanted to pitch in a say I'm a long time admirer of Thillana Mohanambal's script and the way it was effectively used to make one of the greatest movies in tamil.

The ensemble was one of the best. Sivaji, Padmini, Ballaiya, Manorama and ofcourse the rarest Nagesh form a great team.

I would definitely rate the movie as one of the best I have seen. In fact the movie was aired on KTV last weekend I guess.
Scored on all fronts...
Balaiyya was in his elements and unforgettable. Nagesh excelling in his usual self..
Padmini and Shivaji , the combination was too good and something very rare nowadays.
Songs are legendary even today , movie would be rated at the top , but still my first place goes to Nayagan... Not just because I like Kamal's acting , that movie was an epic..
Arun

Add a comment

 

About me

  • I'm Unknown
  • From
My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates